Recent items are very popular list of recently used items in the computer. In my previous article you have seen how to turn on recent items in Windows-7.
In this article I am showing you how to turn off recent items in Windows-7.
Recent Items folder is located on following path:
Or (Type following path on Run and hit Enter)
Turn Off Recent Items
Step-1: Right click on the Start button, and click on Properties.
Step-2: Click on Start Menu tab and Uncheck the Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar box under Privacy option.
Step-3: Click on Customize option under Start Menu tab.
Step-4: Scroll down a little bit and Uncheck the Recent Items box as shown in following figure.
Step-5: click on OK.
Registry entry to turn on recent items in windows-7 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] "Start_TrackDocs"=dword:00000001
Step-6: Now delete registry entry if you have created from above script otherwise there is no need to delete registry entry.
- Copy the below mentioned code in notepad and save it as .reg file to the desktop.
- Let’s assume File Name is: Turn_Off_Recent_Items.reg
- Double click on Turn_Off_Recent_Items.reg file or Right click on the Turn_Off_Recent_Items.reg file and click on Merge option.
- It will ask you to Run the Turn_Off_Recent_Items.reg file.
- Now click on Run, Yes, Yes, and OK when prompted.
If you know any other method, please let us know in comment section. Your suggestions are appreciated.