Database optimization is one of the best way to speed-up your website or blog. There are many methods to optimize the MySQL database.
You can optimize MySQL database using phpMyAdmin under your hosting panel.
In the above article we have explained how to optimize the MySQL database using phpMyAdmin. If you don’t want to use phpMyAdmin, WP-Optimize Plugin will help you to optimize your database.
Image Source: Snapshot (http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-optimize/)
WP-Optimize WordPress Plugin is very simple and effective that allows you to clean up your WordPress MySQL database and optimize it without phpMyAdmin.
The plugin has many features like:
It can remove post revisions, auto-draft posts, SPAM comments, pingbacks, Trackbacks, Transient options, orphaned postmeta, unused tags and the most important optimize database tables.
WP-Optimize plugin has auto scheduler settings where you can schedule database cleaning and database optimization very easily.
How to install WP-Optimize WordPress Plugin?
Step by Step process to install WP-Optimize WordPress Plugin:
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard
- Under Plugins menu > Click on the Add New options.
- Type WP-Optimize in search and click on Search Plugin button.
- Once your plugin is searched, click on Install button to install WP-Optimize to your website.
- It will add to your plugin lists.
- Now you will see WP-Optimize settings in your website’s dashboard panel.
- Click on WP-Optimize and change optimizer and settings as per your need.
You can also download WP-Optimize Plugin from below URL and can be uploaded on your website manually.
Note: It is strongly recommended to take backup of your database before installing the WP-Optimize WordPress Plugin.